|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Senior Software Engineer. Use your innovative engineer skills to help create military state-of-the-art distributed combat training environments for exercises, testing and experimentation. The architecture integrates synthetic (virtual and/or constructive) simulations with live, virtual and constructive (LVC) elements. The position requires a Bachelor’s in Computer Science/Engineering, 5-8 years of related software development and TS/SCI Clearance.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
Research, design, develop, modify and maintain enterprise-wide systems and applications software.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug complex new software products. Significantly enhance existing.
- Research and integrate design strategies, product specifications, development schedules and user expectations into product capabilities. Serve as a technical team or task leader as required.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
- Provide customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
- Conduct investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
- Research emerging technologies to determine impacts on application execution.
- Provide input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation and training materials.
- Advise hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Prepare reports on analyses, findings and project progress.
Requirements: Veteran Military
Highly desired qualifications
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- TS/SCI Clearance required and IA baseline certification (DOD 8140)
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline or equivalent combination of education, technical training or work/military experience. Master’s Degree preferred
- 5-8 years of related software development experience.
- CompTIA Security + certification required within 90 days of starting work
- C++, C#, Visual Basic, Java, and Python, plus code revision repositories: git, mercurial, or subversion
- Multi-platform development in Linux and Windows.
- Live, Virtual and Constructive (LVC). Distributed Mission Operations (DMO).
- Optimization and filtering of entities based on LOS, geographical distribution, and interest
- Translation and control of battlespace data between simulations
- Predictive fault detection through system monitoring and event forecasting
Distributed training, DOD, Security+, Security +, distribution, battlespace, military, combat, LVC, C++, C#, Visual Basic, Java, Python, Linux, Windows, Distributed Mission Operations Center, DMOC
- Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) Protocol Data Unit (PDU) and tactical datalink message manipulation