Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Senior Systems Administrator. Use your technical skills to support current and planned systems for customer applications including network and system design, implementation and management. The position requires a Bachelor’s in Computer Science, 5-8 years as Systems Administrator, IAT Level II, and active Secret Clearance, Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Provide technical expertise, perform in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis. Assists in the design of architectures to include software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Apply Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) to Windows servers, laptops, desktops, printers, GPOs, and handle impacts on the related applications. Create related standards, operating procedures, and documentation.
- Migrate existing applications to new virtual servers
- Coordinate with other admins to provide support for a variety of COTS tools and technologies
- Evaluate and install new software releases, patches, and upgrades
- Perform operations to minimize impact on application downtime
- Plan, test, and implement initiatives to incorporate new technologies not currently within environment
- Identify and troubleshoot issues. Coordinate with other teams to diagnose and correct issues
- Communicate with program manager and government leads as to the progress of open items and work with security specialists and other infrastructure resources as needed
- Develop, document, and apply procedures for systems backup and recovery, plus COOP
- Support the Certification and Accreditation security process
- Document, implement, and maintain security policies in meet DISA STIG requirements
- Define and oversee database standards, controls, procedures, and documentation
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Current active Secret Clearance with SSBI. Able to obtain Top Secret Clearance.
- DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II (IA Baseline and CE/OS Certifications)
- 5-8 years as Systems Administrator
- Security+ CE and Microsoft Server or Server + certification
- Operation and maintenance of software/network on virtual and physical hosts supporting the Windows OS. Experience with Microsoft’s Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- Excellent problem-solving, and analytical capabilities: understanding user requirements, technical issues, resolving issues and challenges, and creative solutions for process improvement
- Excellent documentation skills. Adapt to changes in requirements and new projects
- Technologies such as SCCM, WSUS, virtual environments, NAS, and Windows clustering service
- Program in an administrative language (PowerShell, VBS, etc.) Accounts management in Active Directory
- STIG application. HBSS applications. ACAS scanning and reporting. SCAP scanning and remediation. Remote support to end users and servers. Citrix server management. Server and Workstation image creating and updating.
- Administering in a government environment a plus. SharePoint administration a plus.