|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Certified Scrum Master. Use your organizational and leadership skills to support Federal agency clients in the Agile implementation of major organizational transformation initiatives. The position requires a Bachelor’s, Certified Scrum Master (CSM), and extensive Scrum Master and management consulting experience.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Help the team embrace SAFe Core Values, adopt and apply SAFe Principles, and implement SAFe practices.
- Facilitate ceremonies, ensure IBM Rational is updated daily, enforce Scrum framework, track and help remove impediments.
- Support Sprint development, execute disciplined testing (unit, functional, regression and user based business processing and 508) and continually review to avoid issues at the end of sprint development.
- Facilitate meetings including Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Review and Retrospective.
- Coordinate and support Sprint review demonstration with the project team, Users and customer at the end of each sprint, to gain customer acceptance of the Sprint.
- Initiate and facilitate a Sprint Retrospective at the end to capture team performance lessons learned.
- Create automation scripts to perform continuous integration and deployments during Sprints.
- Provide velocity burn down or burn up charts and maintain task boards.
- Support Product Owner to manage backlog and guide team.
- Support team rules: Rules of Scrum, Built-In Quality practices from Extreme Programming (XP), Work in Process (WIP) limits from Kanban, and other process rules the team has agreed.
- Lead a high performing team and focus efforts in improvement and take responsibility for actions.
- Facilitate preparation and readiness for ART events. Assist team in preparation for ART activities: PI Planning, System Demos, and Inspect and Adapt.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Ability to obtain a US security clearance if needed & work in the US without sponsorship indefinitely.
- Bachelor’s required, Master’s preferred.
- Exhibit behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader with a Lean-Agile Mindset.
- Experience implementing a large complex financial- and acquisition-management cloud-based solution
- Extensive Scrum Master and management consulting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, Visio and IBM Rational. Strong facilitation skills.
- Proven leadership skills, strong judgment, problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Hold or have the ability to obtain a public trust clearance preferred
- Certified Product Owner (CPO) and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certifications preferred
This position is contingent on contract award.