|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for an Assistant Chief Engineer of a first-class hotel. Use your mechanical and leadership skills to keep the property well-maintained, equipment serviced and in good repair, plus drive revenue, maximize profit and ensure quality.
- Maintains company assets within budget guidelines for financial success of the hotel property.
- Understand preventive maintenance, routine inspections, guest service recovery, asset protection, procurement guidelines and capital expenditures.
- Identifies concerns and provides repair/maintenance solutions: Assesses and evaluates functionality of all equipment and assets. Perform and/or supervise maintenance work to lengthen the life and usefulness of items. Keep the property well maintained, equipment serviced and in good repair.
- To control expenses, oversees proper use of all equipment and adheres to cost controls to reduce expenses and waste. Seeks and implements cost saving measures and efficient purchasing strategies in order to meet/exceed budget for expenses.
- Management/Supervisory: Effectively manage a department and team, resulting in optimum financial success, guest satisfaction and employee relations and completion of all hotel initiatives. Monitor and manage all payroll/labor expenses. Provides on-the-job-training in specific tasks or SOP’s as appropriate.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- High school diploma or GED required. College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- CPO, HVAC, boiler, Serve Safe certification desired, or the ability to obtain certifications
- 3-5+ years of maintenance experience required, preferably in the hotel industry.
- Must be detail oriented, have ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with employees and guests with a high degree of creativity.
- Must have high attention to detail and leadership ability. Must have high level of technical expertise as it relates to the position. Must have excellent organization skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 100 pounds consistently throughout shift.