|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for an Area Director of Catering position at a first-class hotel. Manage assigned staff to ensure achievement of overall financial results, client satisfaction and positive team member relations.
- Sales/Revenue Maximization: Achieve catering revenue goals through food, beverage, room rental and audio visual sales by proactive sales calls, maximize space potential and maximize food and beverage minimum. Use expertise to advise and implement changes to catering operations based on sales and client comments.
- Cost Control: Manage catering expenses to maximize hotel profitability. Schedule, monitor, and adjust based on business needs.
- People Management: Interview, hire, coach, discipline and the development of catering sales employees. Evaluate staff performance and take appropriate corrective action as needed.
- Guest Service: Ensure catering service standards are met and clients’ needs are responded to. Resolve complaints and concerns in courteous and friendly manner.
- Technical Acumen: Utilize sales and catering tool/system to identify, report, forecast and communicate sales data.
- Training: Responsible for ongoing training of catering employees and ensure training records are maintained.
- Self/Workload Management: Attend daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel meetings.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- College degree or equivalent experience required.
- Membership in catering and event organizations such as NACE and/or MPI is desired.
- Basic Microsoft Office and Delphi experience also desired.
- 3+ years of catering sales required with 1 year managing direct reports preferred.
- Heavy emphasis in sales with knowledge of food and beverage operations.