|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to work as a Regional Director, Veteran Supportive Services. Looking for a talented and self-driven director to plan, direct, and coordinate activities to ensure the development, implementation, operation and evaluation of Veterans Supportive Services programs and activities. This position requires a Bachelors and 8 years in upper-level management, including contracts and budgets.
- Oversee ten offices that support Veterans and their families that are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas.
- Pursue new revenue sources. Develop and deliver marketing presentations.
- Compile and submit proposals for program implementation.
- Work with staff to develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) across all offices.
- Oversee the delivery of daily program services. Monitor and evaluate each contract/program.
- Review and authorize all office and contract reports prior to submittal.
- Evaluate the individual offices’ report to assemble full division/regional reports. Submit regular monthly report.
- Perform periodic internal audits. Attend all monitoring site visits.
- Maintain open lines of communication with contracted and referring agencies, client families, community collaborations, and staff.
- Schedule periodic meetings and provide ongoing feedback and updates. Ensure all customer concerns are resolved.
- Prepare and oversee annual budget of $6 million+. Monitor actual to budget for revenue goals and expense.
- Supervise direct reports: Interview, hire, train and mentor. Develop staff for advancement, evaluate performance.
- Stay current in Veterans Services, Mental Health, Counseling, Homelessness and social services.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s degree/MBA preferred.
- 8+ years in upper-level management positions (national or multisite organization preferred.)
- 5+ years in contract procurement, contract management, and fiscal management experience.
- 3+ years direct responsibility in developing and overseeing a $3M+ budget, operating within its parameters.
- Social Work, Counseling, or related licenses/credentials preferred.
- Success developing and evaluating program models. Success operating innovative programs.
- Proficient with technology as a reporting tool and with IT staff to develop/implement program evaluation systems.
- Driver’s License with clear record, and daily use of a vehicle without prior notice.
- Strong project management skills on complex, multifaceted projects with measurable successes.
- Strength in hiring, recruiting, supervising, developing, coaching, and empowering individuals and teams.
- Deep understanding of human resources, employee performance improvement plans, and corrective action policies.
- Demonstrated results in managing complex systems and experience negotiating win-win agreements.
- Ability and willingness to travel quarterly and with such frequency as business need dictates.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Publisher a plus. Strong internet research skills.