Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse for an Administrative Assistant (part-time) position. Help support Human Resources and Finance departments. The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree, be familiar with basic accounting and human resources, with excellent attention to detail.
Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant: Veteran Military
- Validate payroll and ensure accuracy of bi-weekly payrolls
- Oversee and confirm timecards
- Handle HR compliance, employee on-boarding, and orientation
- Bill and invoice clients
- General financial accounting
- Tentatively part-time 10 hours/week.
- Teleworking is an option, with Washington DC office visit required weekly.
Requirements for the Administrative Assistant: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years’ experience performing a broad range of administrative duties
- 3+ years in one of the following areas: government contract management, payroll & timekeeping, human resources, billing & general accounting, or technical recruiting
- Attention to detail is a MUST.
- Initiative to complete tasks, desire to learn new things, and excellent writing skills
- Experience performing administrative duties for a government contractor
- Experience as a contracting officer, contracting specialist, HR manager, and/or accounts manager for a government contractor
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now payroll platform
- Experience writing as support for proposals and RFI responses
- Experience recruiting technical positions
Telework is an option, with Washington DC office visit required weekly
Possibility of full-time in the future.