|Currently looking for a Teaching Assistant to assist classroom teachers in all of their duties. The candidate will have 6+ months in a childcare setting and with children with disabilities.
- Assist in the planning, implementation, evaluation and supervision of the classroom, production of weekly lesson plans and progress notes.
- Plan classroom and intergenerational program activities, as directed by the Teacher.
- Plan for and use instructional methods which enable each child to achieve individual and group learning objectives
- Maintain a classroom environment that motivates nurtures and prepares the children for the next step in the educational process.
- Maintain and enforce classroom rules that dictate behavior expectations for the children.
- Supervise the classroom in the absence of a teacher.
- Ensure classroom's primary goal is the safety and well-being of each child.
- Perform general classroom and center housekeeping duties such as preparing meals, feeding children, toileting and diapering children and general clean up.
- High School Diploma/equivalent
- 6+ months in childcare, face-to-face interaction and problem solving with children and families, preferably with preschool aged children.
- Demonstrated commitment to putting children and families first.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with participants, families and community referral sources.
- Willingness to participate in and support all intergenerational programs and activities
- Self-motivated and able to problem solve
- Spanish speaking skills a plus. CDA preferred.
- Prior experience working with children with disabilities preferred.