|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to work as a Chief Development Officer. Looking for a talented and self-driven director to lead a team to successfully raise funds and friends: plan, coordinate and assure implementation of strategies to cultivate donors and contributions. This position requires a Bachelors and 5-7 years fundraising experience as a Chief Development Officer or equivalent.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Work with CEO/COO to set financial goals for the Development department to raise on an annual basis.
- Help grow a balanced mix of donor sources and solicitation programs to attract, retain and motivate donors and volunteers.
- Provide vital input in short- and long-term strategic and operational planning and positioning within the organization.
- Participate in charting the organization’s course and recommend policy positions concerning fund development.
- Ensure that philanthropy and fund development match the organization’s values, mission, vision and plans.
- Evaluate the effect of internal and external forces on the organization and donation efforts, recommend short- and long-range plans and programs that support the mission.
- Keep informed of trends in field and the not-for-profit sector; inform COO on current trends, issues, problems and activities.
- Help establish performance measures, monitor results and evaluate program’s effectiveness.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or Nonprofit Management. MBA or MPA preferred.
- 5-7 years fundraising experience as a Chief Development Officer or equivalent position title.
- 3 years supporting budgets of $3 million or greater.
- Membership in a professional fundraising association. CFRE preferred.
- Comprehensive management skills: short and long-term planning; evaluation, directing and motivating staff, marketing and financial management; values clarification; agency behavior and growth; and governance.
- Experience in managing and implementing a comprehensive fund development program and producing charitable contributions. Highly competent enabler of volunteers and staff.
- Knowledge and experience in: nature and dimensions of philanthropy, ethics, motivations for giving and volunteering, research and cultivation practices, standard fundraising techniques, face-to-face solicitation, proposal writing, special events, telephone solicitation, and direct mail, and office functions, gift processing, prospect and donor histories, and reporting.
- Donor management software systems knowledge is necessary.
- Driver’s License with clear record and daily use of a vehicle without prior notice.
- Ability and willingness to travel as well as work nights, weekends and holidays to meet business needs.
- Relocation is encouraged. Relocation expenses will be covered up to a certain amount.