Currently seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a General Maintenance (PM) position responsible for providing assistance in engineering operations; including maintenance, repair of hotel property, outside grounds, hotel equipment, preventative maintenance and asset protection at a first class hotel.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Engineering: Learn and demonstrate the ability to maintain property assets. Work with the Chief Engineer to understand preventive maintenance, equipment repairs, routine inspections and capital expenditures.
- Guest Service: Assist and respond to guests requests in a friendly and positive manner, provide the highest level of service. Ability to assist guests by having knowledge of hotel property, guest room repairs and common area maintenance.
- Identify Concerns and Provide Maintenance Solutions: Assess and evaluate property assets through preventative maintenance. Work with appropriate managers to recommend maintenance service solutions.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- Work Collaboratively: Work as a team player in meeting guest needs, and actively contribute to the efforts of other departments when necessary.
- Work Safety: Maintain a clean and safe work area. Use personal protective equipment when needed.
- Self-Management: Plan, organize and prioritize work duties as presented by the Chief Engineer. Attend all required department and hotel meetings.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of maintenance experience is preferred.
- CPO, and appliance repair certification is desired, or ability to obtain certification based on property needs.
- Have a positive, can-do attitude with excellent customer service communication and skills.
- Dedication to job: ready to work EVERY scheduled day.
- Reliable transportation for guaranteed, punctual on-time arrival to work and contact by phone.
- Must be detail oriented, ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with team members and guests.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, bend, twist, pull, and stoop.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 100 pounds without assistance.