|EasterSeals DC MD VA is looking for a Communications Manager to be a key member of EasterSeals communications team, supporting The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at EasterSeals and all EasterSeals programs. The candidate will report to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications and manage awareness building marketing activities, PR and media relations, content marketing and advertising, and support the fundraising efforts of EasterSeals’ Development team. Additionally, the Communications Manager, under the guidance of the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications, will work with the Vice President of Communications and Marketing at the CVN to coordinate local Cohen Clinic communications efforts and ensure alignment and consistency around messaging, branding, crises management, content, marketing, etc. As such, we seek a detailed, organized, creative and customer service-oriented leader who will excel at roles and responsibilities.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Develop and implement communication, marketing, event and media-related efforts associated with the Cohen Clinic and all EasterSeals’ programs.
- Form and maintain relationships with media partners, coordinate outreach to traditional media outlets and serve as key point person for the media; write and pitch press releases that showcase the success of the Clinic and EasterSeals.
- Create and implement a robust communications and marketing strategy that includes paid and earned media and is aligned with the goals of EasterSeals and the CVN.
- Develop engaging multi-media content including print, video, web, social media and other digital platforms.
- Providing general communications and marketing support to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications
- Serve as local spokesperson, train additional EasterSeals speakers; prepare and present materials via conferences, workshops and related meetings or events.
- Monitor, analyze and report communications metrics against goals; recommend opportunities for improvement as needed.
- Relationship Building: Demonstrated success establishing relationships with customers/clients, members of the community, Board of Directors, external partners, and team members at all levels of an organization.
- Exceptional Communication Skills: Ability to tailor oral presentation skills and writing styles to varied internal and external audiences, including, but not limited to: success stories, blogs, newsletters, scripts, social media, event presentations, staffing tables at smaller events, board meetings.
- Collaborator: Demonstrated ability to leverage the strengths of diverse teams (both internal and external), manage projects, and hold team accountable to achieve results.
- Strategic Thinking: Proven capacity to listen actively and synthesize multiple pieces of disparate information into a coherent vision that aligns with the organization’s strategy and move it to successful operationalization.
- Multitasker: Ability to juggle multiple opportunities to drive results on several important projects simultaneously.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to digest and distill complex subjects into clear messages; strong editing abilities.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, social media platforms and analytics, email platform like Constant Contact, Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of HTML or CMS preferred.
- Knowledge/experience with managing outside print process.
- Knowledge of mental health issues preferred. Experience working with veterans and/or military families preferred.
- Must been able to work independently or as part of a team, anticipate problems and generate solutions and demonstrate flexibility and sensitivity when engaging with staff and clients.
- Strong sense of initiative, flexibility and cooperation in undertaking a complex workload within tight deadlines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize, with excellent time management skills and attention to detail and follow up.
- Ability to generate ideas and think creatively.
- Easily talk to clients/families, and be sensitive to their personal story, but just as easily speak to a journalist and successfully pitch that story to the media. Same content, very different styles.
Interested candidates must submit writing samples, including a press release and at least three references.