|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for an Audit Senior. Lead audits, reviews and compilations for clients in various industries, including not-for-profit, construction, real estate and government contracting and employee benefit plan audits. The position requires Bachelor’s, actively pursuing/earned CPA, and capability to run audits by self.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Develop relationships with engagement-related client personnel who are responsible for accounting matters
- Maintain contact with client personnel responsible for the engagement matters throughout the year
- Identify plans & consulting opportunities
- Plan, direct and review all phases of select engagements
- Establish workload priorities and work independently
- Ensure delivery of quality client service and maintaining profitable client relationships
- Begin to supervise and mentor team members plus delegate work
- Conduct research and related tasks
- Start to analyze more complex accounting and/ or tax issues
- Know time budgets but maintain quality of audits.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- 3+ years of CPA firm experience
- Have or be actively pursuing CPA license
- Possess and continue to develop a knowledge of GAAP and GAAS as related to engagements and industries, plus a general tax knowledge
- Understand a range of accounting issues including professional judgment such as: priority for income taxes, revenue recognition, subsequent events, contingencies and industry specific procedures
- Be knowledgeable of business trends
- Have the ability to review and provide feedback in a professional manner on work prepared by staff auditors
- Possess the skill to establish a rapport and good communication with clientele
- Be able to gather, organize and summarize information efficiently and effectively
- Have the capacity to adhere to budgets and time deadlines
- Be proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Motivate, develop and direct people as they work. Ability to train, orient and mentor staff.
- Apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Have the ability to establish workload priorities and work independently
- Local same-day travel to client sites in DC/MD/VA