|Seeking US Military Veterans, National Guardsmen, Reservists, and Military Spouses to apply for Non-CDL Driver. Join an environmentally friendly, Veteran-owned company that collects food scraps from around the Baltimore Area to convert into rich compost that improves soil.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Drive a 12-16ft stake bed trucks on an assigned route to pick up 32- and 64-gallon food recycling bins and load onto the truck. Swap full bins with clean, empty bins.
- Drive full bins to farm composting site in Aberdeen, MD
- Help on the farm by emptying bins, assist with compost system maintenance, plus help to clean and prep bins for the next day.
- Delivery of bagged/bulk compost to customers.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. Early start required to beat traffic (6am-4pm) for 10 hrs days. 40 hours/week.
- Casual dress; uniform T-shirts will be provided after initial acceptance period.
- Employee must meet physical demands of driving for large part of shift and moving/lifting materials, bending, pushing, pulling, squatting, and reaching.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Pick up vehicle in Aberdeen, MD each day.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Valid Driver’s License, proof of insurance, and a good driving record with no record of moving violations or accidents in the past 12 months.
- A strong work ethic, customer service focus and effective communications.
- Be trustworthy and responsible.
- Ability operate simple phone applications and use a GPS based route system follow to navigate about the city.
- Driver must own their own phone and be comfortable coordinating with supervisor and other drivers on the phone throughout the day.