|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Warehouse Dock Supervisor to provide frontline leadership to a team of general warehouse associates on outbound loading dock. The qualified supervisor will have a Bachelor’s and 2 years in logistics or distribution.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
2nd Shift: Monday – Thursday 7pm – 5:30am
- Accountability for achieving operational excellence in assigned areas of responsibility, such as deliver and execute short and long-term plans to achieve operational and business goals.
- Communicate and interact with peers to insure the fluid transition of workload from door to door.
- Mentor, develop and coach direct reports to improve efficiencies and identify associate growth opportunities.
- Meet specific loading standards/incentives on a per case basis.
- Provide frontline leadership to a team of general warehouse associates on outbound loading dock in a very fast paced, distribution and/or cross dock environment.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- A Bachelor’s or equivalent work experience
- 2 years in logistics or distribution with ability to plan, organize, coordinate and oversee area operations
- Previous work in third party logistics (3PL) and/or retail distribution environment strongly preferred
- Knowledgeable with computers, Microsoft Office and Warehouse Management Systems.
- A basic knowledge of safety principles and philosophy
- Strong/successful interpersonal relationship skills, and written/spoken communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence as an empowering leader with strong coaching and mentoring skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to evaluate multiple solutions to make sound decisions
- The ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with constant interruptions and changes to production schedules
- High attention to detail and accuracy, knows how to run very tight processes
- An understanding of operational discipline principles and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- A forward looking approach to analyze opportunities to deliver continuous improvement
- Flexibility with working hours: ability to work any shift, including swing shifts as needed.