|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to work as a Test Software Development Engineer (SDET) to build a web-based application to manage the various encoders against the media streaming distributed Cloud network. A Bachelor's/Master's in Computer Science plus 2+ years of Python programming/scripting and Django web development are required.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Execute established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code for end-user applications, systems software and firmware running on hardware, local, networked, and Internet- based platforms; identify, log, and debug assigned issues.
- Code and program test scripts, automation and integration activities based on specific test requirements.
- Understand and relate with internal and outsourced development partners on software applications design and development.
- Participate as a member of project team of other software quality assurance engineers plus internal and outsourced quality assurance partners to develop reliable, cost-effective and high-quality solutions for low to moderately-complex products.
- Combine software testing and development to automate the testing itself.
- SDET must be able to automate processes for thorough testing and develop code on his/her own.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Bachelor's or Master's in Computer Science or equivalent time and prioritizing test efforts.
- 2+ years of programming/scripting experience in Python.
- 2+ years building web-based applications using Django.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working in Unix/Linux.
- 1 year working with Agile methodologies on one or more projects.
- Highly responsible, self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision.
- Passion to learn and dissect new technologies quickly on your own.
- Good understanding of database concepts. Experience using database is preferred.
Key words: Scripting, UNIX, Linux, UNIX/Linux, Databases, SDET, QA, Networking, Software Engineer, Structured Software, Python, Django, Web Based, Web-Based