|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Catering Sales Manager position at a first-class hotel. Sell the total hotel with emphasis on all public areas in support of the hotels rooms and catering merchandising efforts.
- Sales/Revenue Maximization: Achieve catering revenue goals through food, beverage, room rental and audio visual sales goals by business development, account management and hotel site sales calls. Maximize space potential and food and beverage minimums. Develop, build and maintain excellent client relationships through community involvement, local visitors’ bureau, bridal organizations, charity events and cultivate a client database.
- Cost Control: Support management of catering expenses to maximize hotel profitability. Assist with preparation and management of department budget. Manage and maintain assets to stay within budget guidelines and prolong life of company resources.
- Guest Service: Ensure catering service standards are met and client needs are responded to. Ensure effective communication of client needs from catering to operational departments. Resolve complaints, focus on service recovery when applicable.
- Technical Acumen: Utilize sales and catering tools/systems to identify, report, forecast and communicate sales data. Document information in Delphi daily. Utilize sales tools and market intelligence.
- Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Promote collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Attend daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel meetings.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- High school diploma or GED required. College degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Prior hotel catering sales experience desired.
- Heavy emphasis in sales with knowledge of food and beverage operations is desired.
- Must be detail oriented, communicate well with all levels within and outside organization, and able to problem-solve with employees and guests.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional membership and community involvement desired.
- Basic Microsoft office and Delphi experience also desired.