|We are seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for Conference Services Manager of a first-class hotel. Up-sell rooms, catering and sundry items in the hotel and providing other support as needed in the sales and banquet areas of the hotel. Requires an active, aggressive, and self-motivated individual.
- Assume responsibility for group upon contract signature and coordinate details, booking links, reservations, event details, etc.
- Respond to and handle guest problems and complaints related to events and meetings.
- Collaborate with Director of Revenue to manage group room blocks effectively cutoff dates, room lists, etc.
- Conduct formal pre-event meetings to review/communicate group needs.
- Manage meeting space, room set up, food and beverage and audiovisual requirements.
- Oversee Banquet Event Order detail process and ensure completed timely and accurately.
- Create and manage daily, weekly and monthly Group Services activities such as Group Resume Meetings and distribution of BEO’s to Operating Departments.
- Create floor plans for each event to ensure banquets and clients agree prior to set up.
- Collaborate with food and beverage to communicate event details and meeting requirements.
- Collaborate with other operational departments to communicate group details.
- Proactively identify operational challenges associated with his/her group and determine how to best work with property staff and client to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Anticipate problems and barriers to hosting successful meetings and events and make recommendations for solutions. Remain flexible and solution oriented.
- Identify improvements to enhance client experience.
- Ensure team members understand expectations and parameters for event activities
- Understand competitive marketplace and remain informed with industry trends, conditions and changes.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- Associates in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality or related major preferred.
- 3 years in an event management role; 3-5 years in the hotel or event management role preferred
- A proven track record of success in a hotel or a related service industry
- The ability to present thoughts and ideas in an engaging manner.
- Demonstrate excellence in communications, problem solving skills and identify process improvements.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Strong work ethic and professional focus; High level of integrity and discretion.
- Ability to work extended hours based on business need.
- Ability to push, pull, and lift up to 20 pounds on occasional basis.