|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply as Manager of Application Development. Lead a team of software engineer and business analysts in a high-pace environment. The position requires a Bachelors (Information Technology preferred) and 10 years in design/coding as a developer/Architect.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Manage a team of application engineers responsible for designing, developing, testing, documentation, delivery and support in-house developed applications that include: Intranet, Extranet, web, SharePoint and mobile.
- Manage a team of business analysts who work closely with departmental heads and end users to gather requirements and workflows to define functional and technical requirements of users for application needs.
- Responsible for creation, maintenance and enforcement of coding standards and conventions, change and source control, best practices, technical documentation and deployment methods.
- Establish and manage compliance of structured software development life cycle methodology (SDLC).
- Review and assess existing application effectiveness and efficiency. Embrace continuous improvement.
- Collaborate and coordinate with business units and IT team managers for scheduling new deployments, upgrades and patches to ensure proper communication and least disruptive to the business.
- Ensure code reviews of technical designs and programming code to ensure quality releases into production.
- Build relationships with vendors. Manage contract and consulting resources when required.
- Research emerging technologies to adopt most effective tools and methodologies.
- Ensure project management and solution delivery processes are on-budget, on-schedule and high quality.
- Provide leadership and mentor staff, training, growth plans and performance management.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Bachelor’s (Information Technology preferred or related). Comparable experience considered.
- 10 years in application design and coding as a software developer/Architect.
- 5 years supervisory experience of application development team. 3 years in project and program management.
- Familiarity with various software packages, FileSite, IntApp Open, Microsoft SharePoint and accounting systems such as Elite and Aderant; HRIS systems such as Ultipro and Epicor.
- Know SDLC (Agile methodology), business analysis and user case analysis.
- Know Microsoft SQL technologies - SSIS, SSRS, stored procedures, T-SQL, Master Data, warehousing, BI.
- Solid understanding of IP networking, IT infrastructure, Active Directory, Information Security, IIS.
- Must have in-depth abilities in leading software and solution delivery.
- Innovative and creative thinker with excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills, great team player and ability to set goals and motivate team to meet them.
- Ability to work after-hours or weekends on occasions as needed.
- Hand-on experience in SharePoint, web and mobile apps, and/or Windows programming, preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.