|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply as Legal Document Review Specialist. Review and organize legal documents before they are scanned into a records management and document management systems. The position requires two years' records management and/or legal assistant experience.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Coordinating and organizing material for destruction under the guidelines of the firm’s records retention policy
- Ensuring the data entry of the firm’s records management system is updated timely and meets the retention schedule
- Collaborating with attorneys and other legal staff with regards to material that should be maintained in hard copy form and/or destroyed
- Monitoring the firm-wide retention schedules for both physical and electronic files
- Coordinating the return of appropriate client files to clients upon their request
- Assisting with the retrieval of physical files from off-site storage
- Helping with updating the Firm's records management system as needed.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- 2+ years' records management and/or legal assistant experience.
- Ability to type 30 words per minute.
- Basic knowledge of scanning equipment.
- Demonstration of strong oral and written communication skills as well as strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of the firm.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and be committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Experience with Records Management software preferred.
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.