|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Road Maintenance Manager. Work actively to support contractor performance and optimal life cycle management of a major highway. Position requires a Bachelors in civil engineering or 10+ years in roadway maintenance and asset lifecycle management.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Accountability for preventative and corrective maintenance on assets to ensure they are meeting current and future needs
- Ensure cost performance is a focus through effective management of operational and lifecycle budgets
- Liaise directly with delivery teams to ensure projects are delivered smoothly and ongoing operations
- Work closely with development and innovation teams to identify opportunities and deliver new road maintenance services and capabilities
- Ensure Safety and Wellbeing of staff and contractors through diligent governance of Authority to Work and Maintenance of Traffic processes
- Oversight of Safety & Inspection Audits and Statutory Inspections, to ensure concession and customer requirements a met
- Management of internal teams and contractor relationships to deliver Concession Agreement compliance
- Ensure seamless service and support to customers as well as the achievement of key operating objectives
- Identify issues early and mitigate as soon as possible
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Bachelors in civil engineering or 10+ years’ experience in roadway maintenance
- Experience managing roadway infrastructure assets in demanding rapid response environment and on-road safety programs
- Ability to optimize asset management practices, efficient preventative and corrective maintenance and partner performance and implementing risk management systems and conducting risk assessments
- Previous contract management experience, ability to construct and negotiate commercial agreements, monitor and manage service levels and resolve disputes
- Expertise in the preparation and management of budgets, annual plans, asset management and maintenance practices
- Experience utilizing asset management information systems
- Tolling industry experience, maintenance of roadside tolling and ITS equipment and systems preferred.