|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply as Legislative Executive Assistant. Be the primary support to former Ambassador(s) and maintain official schedule, travel plan and related records. The position requires a 2 year degree and experience providing scheduling and protocol support to an Ambassador or Congress/Senate member.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Engage in analysis and research.
- Prepare daily schedule, detailed itinerary, include numbers, locations and contact names.
- Prepare monthly projected schedules. Keep a calendar of events of interest of special events.
- Make reservations for air travel, ground transportation and lodging.
- Handle visa arrangements for foreign travel.
- Submit vouchers for travel and expense reimbursement via Chrome River.
- Responsible for maintaining contact database (InterAction). Review mail and invitations.
- Respond to invitations, either by written correspondence or by personal telephone call.
- Maintain files of invitations that have been declined, accepted or tentative/pending.
- Monitor incoming telephone calls, takes messages and returns calls as requested.
- Place outgoing calls and maintain a record of calls.
- Maintain files, notes, correspondence and information relating to travel.
- Prepare guest lists and invitations for events, properly deliver and verify acceptance/regret.
- Develop and maintain contact lists and guest lists for receptions, lunches, dinners and other representational activities. Ensure data is accurate.
- Participate in meetings, conferences and social functions to aid on matters of protocol.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- 2-year degree or equivalent experience considered.
- Experience providing scheduling and protocol support to an Ambassador or Congress/Senate member. Experience making visa and travel arrangements.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Ability to act with tact, diplomacy, discretion and respect for confidentiality and cultural diversity.
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in a busy office environment.
- Must possess good judgment. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability maintain a range of contacts.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Typing a minimum of 60 wpm.