|Currently seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or a Military Spouse to apply for a Hotel General Manager position at a first-class hotel. Oversee the overall management and operation of the hotel. Uses leadership skills to drive revenue, maximize profit and ensure quality.
- Personally Deliver Exceptional Guest Service: Accountable for maintaining high service and quality standards according to brand. Communicate guest feedback to hotel staff and addresses trends/issues with staff. Personally follow up on all guest inquiries, issues and concerns in a timely and effective manner.
- Sales: Actively participate in sales efforts, analyze and negotiate business, determine pricing and yield strategy, attend sales calls/site visits. Maintain accurate weekly, monthly and annual budgets, forecasts and business plans. Provide direction to operations team to ensure the service and quality needs have negotiated accounts and groups are met consistently.
- Maximize Guest Satisfaction Scores: Identify potential obstacles and implements ideas to maximize guest satisfaction scores. Communicate results from guest satisfaction surveys with hotel team and works to maintain guest satisfaction scores that are within the range deemed acceptable by the brand.
- Financial Responsibility: Manage expenses according to budgeted/forecasted guidelines to maximize hotel profitability. Review/release payroll. Prepare and manage the hotel budget and ongoing forecasting efforts. Communicate financial forecasts via weekly reporting and critiques month end financial results via month end reporting. Reviews A/R and A/P.
- Training and Development: Assist with the ongoing training and development of hotel team members and maintaining all necessary training records.
- People Management: Effective management of assigned staff to ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction and positive team member relations. Interview, hire, coach and develop hotel team members and management team. Addresses performance issues.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, or Military Spouse.
- College degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5+ years of progressive hotel management experience required.
- Must be able to manage multiple hotel and corporate priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels within and outside the hotel and ability to effectively problem solve.