|Currently seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Van Driver and Loader. Join a Veteran-owned company that collects food scraps from around the DC area to convert into rich compost that improves soil.
- Drive a cargo van on an assigned route to pick up 7- and 14-gallon food recycling bins, load into van and swap full bins with clean, empty bins.
- Drive full bins to farm composting systems in Clifton, VA or other composting areas in the greater DC Metropolitan area and then return van to DC/Takoma Park.
- Help on the farm by emptying bins, assist with compost system maintenance, plus help to clean and prep bins for the next day.
- Delivery of bagged/bulk compost to customers.
- Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, x 10 hours each day. Early start required to beat traffic
- Casual dress; uniform T-shirts will be provided after initial acceptance period.
- Employee must meet physical demands of driving for large part of shift and moving/lifting materials, bending, pushing, pulling, squatting, and reaching.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Pick up vehicle in Takoma Park MD or upper Northwest DC and leave your vehicle in the parking spot.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Valid Driver’s License, proof of insurance and good driving record with no moving violations or accidents in the past 12 months.
- A strong work ethic, customer service focus and effective communications.
- Be trustworthy and responsible.
- Ability operate simple phone applications and use a GPS-based route system follow to navigate about the city.
- Driver must own their own phone and be comfortable coordinating with supervisor and other drivers on the phone throughout the day.