|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply as a Director for Count the Region. A new two-year initiative to help get out the count in Northern Virginia for the 2020 Decennial Census. Qualifications include grass roots marketing, communications and legislative aid, running campaigns, community organizing experience.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Regional Complete Count Committee: Plan, create and launch a regional Complete Count Committee for Northern Virginia, leverage local connections, relationships and influence.
- Convene, Collaborate, and Support: Convene, collaborate with and support complete count committees established by the individual jurisdictions in Northern Virginia.
- Partnerships: Create other partnerships with chambers of commerce, schools, hospital and health systems, elected officials and other circles of influence to help coordinate and nurture efforts to get out the count.
- Communications/Messaging: Develop a communications and promotional campaign with common messaging and Northern Virginia, use locally relevant data to reach the identified audiences and goals related to Count the Region. Share communication tools and messaging with complete count committees and other partners in the region.
- Education: Conduct education events that explain the importance of the 2020 Census for the region.
- Online Presence: Launch a website (as a sub-page of the existing website) to facilitate a local sharing of knowledge and resources among interested Northern Virginia complete count committees and other circles of influence.
- Private Foundation Support: Interface with the national and local private foundation world to gather resources, messaging and available financial resources for the Northern Virginia effort to get out the count.
- US Census Bureau Point of Contact: Act as a point of contact for the US Census Bureau for Northern Virginia’s Complete Count Committees.
- Evaluation: Help define success and evaluate the impact and region’s efforts to get out the count.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Experience with grass roots marketing and communications
- Experience as a legislative aid, running campaigns, community organizing or similar
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience interacting with civic and community leaders preferred
- Public policy advocacy or government relations experience preferred
- Experience with program evaluation preferred