|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply as an AWS Principal Programmer. Use your programming skills with Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing experience to build and code applications and/or models using various computer programming languages. Required for this position are a Bachelors in Computer Science, 8-10 years of computer programming experience and obtain a public trust clearance once joining the team.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Evaluate options available regarding Devops and CI/CD
- Document a plan to move the operation toward a CI/CD model
- Plan, develop, test and document highly complex applications programs.
- Generate new code and correct, convert and/or modify existing code to meet specifications.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which code will be written.
- Provide input to staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as users’ manuals, product specifications and training materials.
- Prepare reports on analyses, findings and project progress and present results to management and/or customer personnel.
- Perform research on emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced programmers.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related technical discipline, or equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- Required to obtain a public trust clearance once joining the team
- Requires experience with: Apach Spark, Databricks, Lambda functions, Bash/Python, Linux, AWS CLI
- 8-10 years of directly related computer programming experience.
- Strong customer and business focus.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, assess and adjust quickly to changing demands and priorities.
- Positive can-do attitude. Organized and is detailed oriented.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, recommends improvement to support quality and monitors independent work to ensure quality and consistency.
- Java and Scala are preferred.