|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Digital Projects Manager. Manage projects from inception through completion, focus on digitization and quality control of content being converted. A Bachelors in a technical field and a project management certification OR 10+ years of equivalent experience and 5+ years working with digital platforms in the STM space are required.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
Requirements: Veteran Military
- Manage phases of digitization projects, project requirements and scoping, project launch, project oversight, QA and wind-down
- Manage external vendors: define project scope, collaborate on SOWs, manage progress and schedules and proactively respond to technical problems
- Maintain core specifications and documentation, DTDs and schemas where appropriate, conversion specifications, and QA instructions
- Work with technical leadership and staff on a technical roadmap for the content QA and uploading tools and mechanisms
- Develop and maintain detailed technical understanding of the SWISS specification and capabilities and technical roadmap of the platform, XML markup language(s) for technical standards and specifications, including NISO STS.
- Develop and recommend new workflows, plan meetings with vendors and staff, and develop mechanisms to improve communication and reporting
- Work with technical and management teams and outside resources to specify, select, and help implement a system for content and document management, workflow and reporting.
- Conceive of and lead new initiatives that help increase productivity, throughput and quality for digitization efforts
- Work with prospective partners and clients on scoping and planning digitization and onboarding efforts
- Work together with Senior Management to plan and execute projects
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- Bachelors in a technical field and Project management certification OR 10+ years of equivalent experience
- 5+ years working with digital platforms in the STM space
- 3+ years leading XML digitization efforts for a Standards Development Organization (SDO), society, association or related organization
- Agile software development methodology experience
- Developing and documenting process documentation, best practices and vendor management experience
- Experience with and/or exposure to XML technologies such as editors and underlying/related technologies such as schemas. DTDs, XSLT, and HTML
- Software development environment, working directly with software development teams preferred