|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Base Building Project Manager. Be responsible for the overall direction, successful completion, and financial outcome of the project. A Bachelor's in Construction Management, Business or Engineering; 5 years managing construction projects in excess $20 million; and LEED Specialty Accreditation are required.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
Requirements: Veteran Military
- Manage all project aspects so that projects are completed with quality and safety at the forefront, while meeting budget and schedule objectives.
- With Project Superintendent, provide leadership and structure to project team, develop objectives/goals for each and assign individual areas of responsibility. Mentor to support growth within organization.
- Participate in preconstruction and bidding process, providing constructability, schedule and process input.
- Work in partnership with Proposal Management team in responses to RFPs, provide narratives, logistic plans and schedule input. Prepare for and participate in interviews and presentations.
- Work with project scheduler to develop initial schedule; evaluate and update monthly or more often as required. Ensure construction activities progress according to schedule.
- Participate in procurement process in conjunction with SVP, prepare scope of work, maintain procurement tracking log and negotiate and prepare subcontract agreements.
- Oversee contractual performance of all subcontractor to ensure compliance to scope, schedule and quality.
- Participate in weekly subcontractor meetings with Project Superintendent.
- Communicate with Architect, Owner and/or Construction Manager on project issues, progress, budget, changes or modifications. Prepare for, organize and run meetings on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Manage cost control system to ensure budget compliance. Track potential change orders, owner change orders and prepare monthly cost to complete analysis. Prepare monthly requisition to Owner, review with Owner/Architect, revise as necessary, obtain approval and ensure timely project funding.
- Submit, track and obtain building, occupancy and permits as required for project.
- Monitor submittal and request-for-information process to ensure project requirements are met.
- Review and approve subcontractor applications for payment and vendor invoices.
- Manage project close-out process required for project to facilitate timely release of retention.
- Develop new and maintain existing business relationships to ensure future business opportunities.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- Bachelor's in Construction Management, Business, Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years in managing construction projects in excess of $20 million
- LEED Specialty Accreditation. Record of client satisfaction and profitability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, Procore, Bluebeam and understand Primavera scheduling and BIM
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands. Comfortable in digital/paperless environment
- Physical ability to move, bend, reach, stand and walk, plus lift objects up to 50lb