|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for an Assistant Program Manager to help in the production of educational programs from conception through to completion. Three years with proven success in managing and coordinating training events plus proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook are required. A Bachelor’s is preferred.
- Anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Support critical development, management, and implementation of a county program
- Coordinate details of classroom training programs and fundraisers
- Monitor timelines and ensure deadlines are met
- Help coordinate event logistics: registration and attendee tracking, presentation, and invitations
- Keep inventory of display materials: backdrops, projectors, computers, promotional materials, etc
- Help set up & break down/clean for meeting/event. Write meeting summaries
- Assist in the plan, design and production of materials for trainings and meetings
- Liaise with other staff members
- Work occasional workday evenings
- Propose ideas to improve program quality and production processes
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Conduct pre- and post-event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating charts, etc.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- Bachelor’s preferred
- 3+ years of experience and demonstrated success in program/event management.
- Communication: Have expert personal, administrative, telephone, and email communication skills to professionally interact with students, attendees, vendors, employees, Board members and partners. Customer service and have a passion for helping others are required.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Database management preferred.
- Organization: Able to work on multiple meetings and trainings concurrently. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to stay focused are key to event success. Ability to manage multiple projects independently is a must. Must be flexible.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Able to quickly solve unexpected issues as they arise.