|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Manager of Communications and Marketing. Create and disseminate branded messaging from a nonprofit about business, education, and research related issues. Position requires proven experience in mission-oriented message development and strategic communications. Experience and knowledge of federal contracting and/or federal government preferred.
- Manage web-based/electronic communications and marketing for programs, often using Constant Contact. Audience includes students, graduates and stakeholders from government and industry.
- Manage online portal for graduates, government and industry.
- Manage written content for website and testimonials.
- Program Marketing, graphics and printing: Manage production of program printing with graphics and printing vendors, by coordinating event production consultants, as needed. Create PowerPoint presentations for event broadcast and manage webinars.
- For event broadcast and visual communications, coordinate and secure event photography for documentation, press and marketing uses
- Personally photograph training sessions and other programs when photographer is not contracted. Retain and update photographs and bios on websites.
- Receive and retain business logos for sponsors and partners.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- Bachelor’s preferred
- Proven experience in mission-oriented message development and strategic communications.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Constant Contact, Web content management, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience and knowledge of federal contracting and/or federal government preferred.
- Ability to manage web-based, electronic communication is necessary. Ability to meet deadlines is critical.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and a problem solver.
- Must be intellectually curious, possess superior verbal and written communications skills and able to synthesize information quickly to produce summaries for distribution.
- Individual must be energetic, outgoing, a team player and enjoy managing many projects at one time, primarily in an electronic environment.