|Currently seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Technical Principal Editor. Research, prepare and edit complex technical documents. Position requires a Bachelors in English or Journalism, 8 years professional editing experience, and ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Research, prepare and substantive edit complex publications and management instructions for organization, ensuring comprehension accuracy, and correct grammar, punctuation and style.
- Update Federal government manuals with new standards and regulations.
- Produce a high quality product on schedule that clearly and effectively communicates standards and regulations.
- Review, research, and edit information for preparation of contract deliverables.
- Ensure documents meet editorial and customer specifications and adhere to standards for quality, format, and style.
- Interface with subject matter experts in coordinating/preparing the final draft for publication.
- Meet with content owners and team leader to identify issues with particular projects.
- Understand the capabilities of publishing and document management software.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance required
- Bachelors in English, Journalism or a related discipline.
- 8 years of professional relevant substantive editing experience
- Strong experience with technical publications platform tools (like Adobe FrameMaker) and HTML to produce finished product in hardcopy and web formats
- Have positive, service-oriented attitude and ability to work constructively, collaboratively, and effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Strive to improve the quality of both output and process.
- Extensive experience, knowledge, or skill handling regulatory and policy publications are highly preferred.