|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Facilities Maintenance Supervisor. Supervise contract staff involved in the upkeep and repair of a PATH building’s multiple infrastructure systems. The position requires 2 years facilities management; 2 supervisory experience with 1 year as maintenance unit supervisor/equivalent, and have managed represented and non-represented employees.
- Oversee 11 contracts for Vehicle Maintenance Facility’s service/repairs, of roughly 3.7 million dollars.
- Supervise contract staff who maintain and repair multiple building systems: HVAC, plumbing, electrical, Building Management System, fire protection, oil distribution, waste oil collection, oil water separator, compressed air, domestic hot water, fire pumps, sanitation, lighting, hazardous waste management safety systems, code compliance, and various hybrid machinery (wheel press, CNC, parts washers, various lathes, bench testing equipment, electronics, ovens, sandblasters and welding equipment).
- Direct technical staff to maintain and repair equipment including cranes, hoists, lifts, air cleaning systems, and specialized crucial machinery.
- Strive for continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and provide quality customer service.
- Write RFPs specs, and execute terms and agreements for equipment purchases or contracted repair work.
- Plan, organize and monitor preventative and corrective maintenance work performed under service contracts. Ensure timeliness, correctness, and completion. Review and recommend the acceptance of equipment and materials.
- Assist in the preparation and management of the annual budget.
- Maintain records on all work and prepare service and performance reports.
- Respond to calls during emergency situations, evaluating damage and taking steps to protect property.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- 2 years facilities management experience.
- 2 years supervisory experience with 1 year as maintenance unit supervisor or equivalent
- 2 years management of represented and non-represented employees
- Very good communication skills. Prioritize and clearly communicate what can (and can’t) be done and on what timeline
- Organizational skills and able to create and keep to schedules. Possess a valid NY or NJ driver’s license
- Knowledge of PATH / PA organizational structure, operating policies and procedures, especially as they apply to facility operations, upkeep, safety, budget preparation/control, and employee relations
- Ability to write RFPs for contract services, and then administer such contracts
- Ability to read, review, comment and plan work from drawings and blueprints.
- Know MS Office plus an inventory and repair control program, such MMIS or WOTS
- Logistics and logistics planning experience. Finding vendors and getting/reviewing proposals and bids for projects.
- Interact effectively with all staff and contract employees, negotiate outcomes, and resolve conflict
- Physical ability to work in multiple facility building environment, considerable walking, climbing and standing
- Ability to respond in adverse weather and other emergency conditions