|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Senior Network Engineer to support the stable operation of a global data network. Plan, design, install, configure, maintain and optimize network hardware and communication links while ensuring minimal downtime. The position requires experience
in an enterprise-class data network environment, supporting large-scale multi-homed connections to ISP networks.
- Deployment, support, and management of switches, routers, wireless, and firewalls in both large and small-scale and office environments, as well as large-scale industrial manufacturing facilities.
- Develop and provide templates, project plans, and documentation of proposed network changes and implementations, and be able to explain them to a non-technical audience during CCB review.
- Diagnose, resolve, and document hardware problems promptly, and suggest preventative measures to prevent future outages.
- Proactively monitor global network infrastructure and related systems (using SolarWinds) to ensure 24/7 uptime.
- Perform trending analysis for preventative work, chronic issue resolution and remediate escalated issues. Develop and recommend technical strategies and solutions to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Partner with management to drive improvements in process, efficiency and standardization.
- Collaborate with internal teams (infrastructure, enterprise applications) business partners, consultants, + contractors.
- Rack and stack equipment and perform physical labor required to support data center related activities.
- Work directly with Internet and telecom carriers during implementations and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery teams to ensure proper network and network-dependent DR operations.
- Travel occasionally (5-10%) for various projects, sometimes internationally to APAC, LATAM, and EMEA.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Experience with enterprise-class data network environment, supporting multi-homed connections to ISP networks.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting with EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP routing protocols:
- Cisco routers (3900, 4400 series) and Cisco switches (2900, 3700, 3800, 6800, 9K Catalyst and 9K Nexus).
- VRFs, VRRP, VTP, HSRP, private MPLS networks. GRE, VPN, and DMVPN tunnels.
- Know various security technologies and services (firewalls, forensics, identity and access management, IDS/IPS).
- Capability with route maps, URL filtering, application filtering, route redistribution, multicast, packet sniffer/capture, WireShark, network monitoring, syslog.
- Worked with significant network segmentation (and micro-segmentation), ACLs, firewall rules, VLAN switching, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of SNMP and Netflow configuration and utilization in an enterprise system.
- Knowledge of traffic analysis, performance, and predictive capacity tools.
- Support of large-scale industrial networks (PLC segregation, wireless scanning guns, barcode printers).
- Implementation and design skill with the full Cisco IWAN stack (DMVPN, PfR, WAAS, and AVC).
- Know QoS including IP precedence, DSCP and COS. Related experience with Cisco CUCM is beneficial.
- Experience with Cisco ISE, Firepower (Sourcefire), F5 ASM and APM modules, plus 802.1x and 802.1ae.
- Scripting with SolarWinds and Cisco TCL. VMware NSX and virtual switch environments experience.
- Understanding of Blade Chassis Ethernet and Fiber Channel switch fabric configurations.