|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to work as a Data Scientist. Join a team responsible for modernizing Army analytics processes used in the cost analysis and budgeting processes. A BS/BA in Data Analytics, Operations Research, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, 5+ - 7 years professional work providing data analytics services are required.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Lead a small data team in data collection, modeling, analysis and product generation
- Organize and translate data into useful automated information
- Conduct analyses including defining parameters of requested data output and analysis
- Assist in preparation of reports, briefings and documentation deliverables.
- Provide significant input on how to create new sources of data-driven innovation through technology and analytics that would add value for our customers.
- Explore new ways to analyze data using statistical methods, machine learning and predictive models.
- Help others solve problems, gain insight and make decisions using data.
- Role may include serving as a subject matter resource on project, updating project databases, and researching/analyzing program management matters.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- Must have or able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- BS/BA in Data Analytics, Operations Research, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics. MS preferred.
- 5+ - 7 years professional work providing data analytics services.
- Experience developing forecasting models
- Experience using SQL and with data visualization tools such as Tableau or QLIK
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
- Ability in one or more programming languages for data analysis such as R or Python
- Experience with data cleaning, model testing, results presentation and documentation
- Passion for solving problems with data and a high level of curiosity
- Be willing to train others on software and reporting systems
- Support requirements and metrics development, definition, data quality assessment, and strategic analysis.
- Collect and analyze data to produce forecasts, assessments, recommendations, and reports.
- Experience in budgeting or cost-analysis
- Experience with Army Acquisition costing, Army Logistics, Army enterprise data and PPBE process
- CAP, CDFM, CCEA, DAWIA or other relevant certification a plus.
Key Words: Data, data science, data scientist, research, modeling, analysis, collection, technology, tech, cost analysis, budgeting, Army