|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse for a Director of Corporate Communications position. Manage and help develop strategic internal and external messaging that promote the company’s vision, culture, business plan and brand identity. A Bachelor’s in journalism, public relations, communications, or marketing; 15+ years in strategic communications/PR; and ability to travel up to 30% of the time are required.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
Requirements: Veteran Military
- Collaborate with outside agencies and other stakeholders to translate corporate strategy
- Be integrally involved in reputation and brand management for online educational company.
- Manage and grow external media coverage that currently produces 200+ hits per quarter.
- Manage media research, outreach and interview requests.
- Develop talking points, write papers and other materials to support media relations and issues management.
- Develop executive messaging, speeches, and presentations.
- Serve as a strategic advisor and support team for executive management, marketing, human resources, public affairs, and investor relations.
- Identify emerging public issues that may affect the company and work to proactively address.
- Assist in addressing all corporate crisis events.
- Work with SVP to manage employee communications, corporate intranet, in coordination with HR.
- Manage weekly employee newsletter that includes multiple written articles and a featured video.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Bachelor’s in journalism, public relations, communications, marketing or a related field (Master’s preferred)
- 15+ years in strategic communications and/or public relations utilizing traditional and new media avenues with responsibilities including planning, company spokesperson, crisis communications, copywriting and online platforms OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with public relations research/tracking software, social media platforms and basic HTML
- Exceptional writing skills tailored for specific purposes, such as news releases, executive speeches and presentations, interviews, video scripts, and articles.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to translate business objectives into integrated strategies and tactics that drive business performance and internal culture
- Innovative thinker, problem-solver and correspondent especially in regards to utilizing new media technologies – must be very knowledgeable about social media
- Ability to collaborate with senior leadership to address crisis messaging.