|Currently seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a HR Federal Staffing Specialist. Contribute to the transition and ensure the success of the HR Staffing services growth. Position requires 8 years as a Federal HR Staffing Specialist, knowledge of Federal staffing policies and a Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) Certification.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Review of submission packages for completeness and coordination with the selecting official, administrative officer and HR point of contact to ensure all documentation has been received.
- Completion of job analysis to include historical research of prior positions or open certificates.
- Development of vacancy announcements in the Talent Acquisition System.
- Determining applicant qualifications in accordance with OPM and NASA qualification requirements.
- Generation of notifications to each applicant to provide final ratings or selection status.
- Development of job offers to include notification of tentative offer, requests and verification of required documentation, and tracking responses from the candidates.
- Initiation and approval of required personnel actions in support of staffing and recruitment actions.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) Certification.
- 8 years as a Federal HR Staffing Specialist. Experience with NASA preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal staffing policies, experience with adjudicating qualifications, veteran’s preference, delegated examining and merit promotion.
- Must have in depth knowledge and experience applying the following technical knowledge/competencies:
- Delegated Examining, Merit Promotion Process, Special Appointing Authorities
- Developing job opportunity announcements (JOAs)
- Making Qualification Determinations and Analysis
- Veterans Benefit Programs, Category Rating, Eligibility Requirements
- Competitive Personnel Actions / Non-Competitive Personnel Actions
- Priority Consideration Programs
- Possess excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to meet strict deadlines while handling a high volume of work.