|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Senior Database Administrator. A Bachelors in Computer Science or Information Technology, 6+ years of direct experience in developing and supporting production databases and database user administration, create and modify accounts and permissions are required.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
Requirements: Veteran Military
- Perform DBA activities: backups, restores, performance tuning, security management, capacity planning, standards development and enforcement.
- Perform database user administration, create and modify accounts and permissions.
- Create shell scripts for relevant needs (ex. backing up data).
- Deploy, upgrade, maintain and support MSSQL Server 2016/2017.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- 6+ years of direct experience in developing and supporting production databases.
- Experience working directly with customers to clearly understand requirements and providing appropriate solutions and support.
- Experience maintaining, upgrading and supporting Oracle 12c in a production environment.
- Experience deploying, maintaining, upgrading and supporting Postgres and MySQL.
- Ability to administer MSSQL Server availability groups and failover clusters.
- Understanding of SQL Server and Linux operating system.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with generating SQL code to include generating efficient and accurate select/update/delete commands, stored procedures and triggers.
- Working in a development -> test -> production pipeline scenario
- Familiarity with TSQL and SSIS, database monitoring tools and Windows Administration
- Familiarity with frameworks for managing large scale processing and datasets (ex. Hadoop)