Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for Inventory Control Specialist for a large stockroom. Be responsible for purchasing, receiving, cycle inventory, storing and issuing of materials and supplies required for both day-to-day maintenance and project work of multiple sites. Position requires 1+years supervisory experience and logistics/procurement skills.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
Requirements: Veteran Military
- Monitor stockroom activities to ensure timeliness, correctness, and completion. Review and recommend processes to streamline operation of the stockroom.
- Write specifications for equipment and material purchases.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget, of storage facility.
- Execute the terms and agreements for the administration of contracts.
- Maintain records on all service and goods contracts, as required for audit purposes.
- Inspect and exercise control over service work performed by outside contractors.
- Supervise 3-4 Parts Runners (stock keeper employees) delivering to different locations.
- Strive for continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and provide quality customer service
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- 1+ year supervisory experience
- Organized in maintaining inventory and scheduling people; great logistics/procurement skills.
- Experience with Excel and basic database software.
- Must possess a valid New York or New Jersey driver’s license.
- Experience and understanding of coordination required to get parts to different locations.
- Completion of rigorous operations-related training workshops
- 5 years of supervisory experience in related fields.
- Skilled at personal computer applications in SAP, MS Office Programs and Asset Management System or similar inventory and maintenance control system, Work Order Tracking System (WOTS).
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff and contract employees, negotiate outcomes and resolve conflict.
- Physical ability to work in a multiple facility building environment, considerable walking, climbing and standing.
- Ability to respond in adverse weather and other emergency conditions.
- Know employee relations and IBT Collective Bargaining Agreement as applies to Parts Runners.