|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Medical Document Specialist position. Create packets and reports by pulling documents and reports for applications, to submit to hospitals so doctors are licensed properly. Position requires Associate’s or higher preferred and 1+ years’ administrative/clerical experience.
- Work closely and support the Privileging staff to ensure documents and reports are pulled for the necessary applications.
- Create supporting document packets and reports to be submitted to hospitals to ensure doctors are licensed and properly documented.
- Open and decipher mail for Credentialing, Licensing and Privileging (CLP) department.
- Process peer references, physician competency letters and OPPE reports.
- Pull reports necessary for applications.
- Compile physician packets for delivery to facilities.
- Update database with current status of applications.
- Ensure highest standards, with strict confidentiality of physician information.
- Maintain professional communication with all physicians, coworkers and management.
- Comply with Joint Commission credentialing standards and SOC policy and procedures.
- US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or military spouse.
- 1+ year administrative or clerical experience
- Associates or higher preferred
- Experience in Medical Affairs, hospitals, or healthcare preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and web-based applications
- Professional written and verbal communication skills and ability
- Proven time management and prioritization skills focusing on urgent and overlapping deadlines
- Ability to prepare accurate reports and maintain timely records
- Self-starter, energetic, organized, a fast learner and thrive in a fast paced and changing environment
- Ability to balance multiple projects concurrently, follow through and focus on details