|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to work as a Senior Software Engineer. Use your extensive network knowledge to help expand and support our Enterprise network services and regional/worldwide LAN/WAN/MAN deployments. Bachelors in Computer Science/Engineering/related and 5+ years of experience, solid Python skills and Linux/Unix are required.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Utilize the full gambit of network knowledge helping expand and support our Enterprise network services and regional/worldwide LAN/WAN/MAN deployments.
- Work on projects from exception to design and all the way to completion.
- Work with architecture team to evaluate new network technologies that will shape future IT network infrastructure.
- Modify and maintain existing deployed software.
- Communicate with internal and external customers and partners to share information and data
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or related
- 5+ years of experience. Must have solid Python skills and must know Linux/Unix.
- 4+ years in Enterprise IT networks
- 3+ years building networks with Cisco and/or Juniper firewalls, routers and switches
2+ years managing network security devices and related technologies (e.g. firewalls, VPN concentrators).
- 1+ year utilizing advanced network troubleshooting tools (Wireshark/Packet analysis, Netflow, Fluke)
- Understand networking, big data, Python, Java and C. Tools that will be used: Spark, Hive, H-base.
- Juniper firewall experience highly preferred.
Key words: Engineer, Linux, Linux/Unix, Prototype, Prototype Systems, Python, Software Development, Software Engineer, Unix, Internet Scale, Operations, Perm, Prototypes, Structured Software.