|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a DHC-8 Airframe & Power Plant (A&P) Mechanic position for Dash-8 C-check. Diagnose, adjust, repair and/or overhaul aircraft and related systems. Position requires a high school diploma, or equivalent, a valid FAA Airframe & Power Plant license, 1-5 years performing routine maintenance on DHC-8 aircraft and 4+ year’s aviation maintenance experience.
- Support C-checks of Dash-8: Examine and inspect aircraft components, including landing gear, hydraulic systems, and deicers to locate cracks, breaks, leaks, or other problems.
- Conduct routine and special inspections, per regulations.
- Inspect completed work to certify maintenance meets standards & aircraft are ready for operation.
- Read and interpret maintenance manuals and FAA/manufacturer publications and directives to determine method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Maintain repair logs to document all preventive and corrective aircraft maintenance.
- Modify aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, schematics, charts, engineering orders, and technical publications.
- Replace or repair worn, defective, or damaged components.
- Read and interpret pilots' descriptions of problems to diagnose causes.
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand or power tools.
- Inventory and order supplies, parts, materials, and equipment.
- Check for corrosion, distortion, and cracks in the fuselage, wings, and tail.
- Be a source of technical knowledge and instruction to other mechanics.
Requirements: Veteran + Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- College degree through a technical/vocational school is preferred.
- Valid FAA Airframe & Power Plant (A&P) license.
- 1-5+ years performing routine maintenance on Dash-8 turboprop fixed-wing aircraft.
- 1-3+ years’ aviation maintenance experience in small to medium aviation company or the military.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math calculations. using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
- Ability to use and navigate ERP program, time clock and company intranet.
- Physical ability to crawl in and out of tight spaces; work elevated heights up to 40 feet; lift, balance and carry 50 lbs; enclosed hangers and exterior weather conditions; in close proximity to others.