|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Sheet Metal Mechanic position. Build components for aircraft applications using a variety of sheet metal materials. Position requires a high school diploma, with previous experience or training in sheet metal work, and must provide own tools.
- Perform a variety of structures work – fabrication of parts, repairs, modifications, etc.
- Shoot and buck rivets to specifications following FAA guidelines.
- Remove existing rivets from aircraft structure.
- Recognize differences in types of metals including structural strength and thickness.
- Perform sheet metal bends to guidelines and specifications per normal aviation practices.
- Work with and around a variety of chemicals and follow all OSHA standards in regards to Personal Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Build components for aircraft applications using a variety of sheet metal materials.
- Make decisions regarding how to make repairs and know which repairs are possible.
- Understand and use FAA standards (AC4313 Chapter 4).
- Read blueprints for build and modification completion. Follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Document job completion paperwork.
Requirements: Veteran + Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience working with sheet metal OR completion of a similar technical school program
- Must provide own tools
- Manage time to effectively meet company priorities
- Valid FAA Airframe & Power plant (A&P) license preferred
- Experience with King Air or Dash 8 aircraft preferred
- Able to crawl in and out of tight spaces and lay in prone position for 4+ hours
- Work at elevated heights up to 40 feet; in enclosed hangars and exterior weather conditions
- Lift balance, and carry 50 lbs
- Work in close proximity to other people
- Ability to use and effectively manager ERP program, time clock and company intranet