|Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Senior Legal Administrative Assistant. Provide direct administrative and project support to corporate legal teams. Five years’ secretarial experience in Legal setting and high proficiency in Microsoft Office + Adobe are required.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Compose, type/merge, red-line, format, proofread and transmit legal documents and correspondence.
- Provide excellent word processing and formatting support.
- Input into databases, such as Law Manager; update database information and documents, revise and search databases for corporate entities; and report & record management.
- Handle execution of documents, including coordinating with signatories.
- Create/maintain computer/paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports and documents.
- Create/maintain up-to-date desk files and permanent files, making entries in RIMS and Law Manager, and transmit to Records Management Section.
- Maintain contract database and database reporting.
- Track correspondence requiring responses and keep attorneys up-to-date on status.
- Review incoming mail and forward appropriately; highlight priority items; track matters requiring response/action; and keep supervisor apprised of status.
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls.
- Assist team with meetings and conference calls, and handle high-priority scheduling issues. Coordinate calendars with Administrative Assistants for Senior Leaders and other associates.
- Coordinate, schedule, and prepare for meetings, including scheduling conference rooms, preparing agenda items, prior distribution of materials, room set-up, audio visual equipment set-up, conference line initiation, and food and beverage arrangements.
- Make travel arrangements and coordinate logistics including transportation, reservations, and lodging arrangements. Prepare expense reports.
- Assist with or take lead role in special projects and assist team leader with overflow as requested.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information. Protect the privacy and security of clients, customers, and coworkers.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years’ secretarial experience in legal setting
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information is essential
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word), CRM software and Adobe products
- Fast typing skills, strong written and verbal skills, strong word processing and spelling/ grammar/ proofreading skills.
- Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills. Good judgment; professional demeanor.