|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Paralegal. Help support the Global Privacy and Personal Data Governance Program. Qualifications are: Associate’s degree and 3 years of relevant work experience OR Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of relevant work experience OR 10 years of relevant work experience as a paralegal.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Ensure organization maintains appropriate privacy policies, notices, standards, controls and practices and processes cross-functionally and as a part of global operations (draft notices, standards and processes).
- Develop and deliver training and education to internal business partners related to privacy program, and maintain global privacy training calendar and attendance records
- Manage and facilitate privacy governance meetings and continent committees
- Manage and supervise global network of data protection officers, including Data Protection Office
- Work closely with Global Privacy Officer & Assistant General Counsel to partner with internal business partners to understand business processes, applications and technologies, how the company collects and uses information and work to promote concept of Privacy by Design and embed privacy requirements and controls into projects, products and services.
- Also partner with Communications to distribute Global Privacy trainings and communications.
- Track, investigate, and handle responses to various privacy complaints, PII incidents and breach of information losses ensuring all mitigating efforts are taken and documented
- Support and lead various global privacy projects. Create and maintain a global database of hotel registration cards and privacy registrations/notifications and develop and manage process for annual review and updates;
- Conduct, guide and participate in privacy risk assessments and work with the business to implement various privacy controls and mitigation recommendations
- Monitor current and evolving statutes, regulations, and case law relevant to support the privacy program
- Manage budget for internal global compliance team; Support compliance and auditing frameworks
- Assist in analysis of global legal regulatory risks and support coordination, implementation, execution and completion of resulting projects in key risk areas
- Maintain strong working relationships across global and departmental boundaries to achieve goals and objectives.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- Associate’s and 3 years of relevant work experience OR
- Bachelor’s and 1 year of relevant work experience OR
- 10 years of relevant work experience as a paralegal. Paralegal Certificate preferred.
- Basic subject matter paralegal experience, preferably in regulatory, compliance, or privacy and data protection.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, and ability to meet simultaneous deadlines
- Ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise manner in both writing and verbally
- Ability to remain calm in high stress situations, with “grace under pressure”, and lead by example
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Familiar with database functionality and operation
- Availability for minimal travel and flexibility for overtime.