|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse for Information Systems Security Officer to assist in drafting “Authorization to Operate” packages, provide subject matter expertise in all cyber security initiatives, and help to explain new guidance. Bachelors, 7+ years’ experience, 1+ year as Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) and favorably completed or open Tier 5 (Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)) are required.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Assist in drafting “Authorization to Operate” (ATO) packages for new and existing systems.
- Provide subject matter expertise in all cyber safekeeping initiatives and explain new guidance.
- Draft documentation needed to announce new cyber security (CS) initiatives and participate building and implementing processes surrounding CS.
- Provide CS reports to Defense Health Agency (DHA) leadership, conduct scans and participate in the process to obtain ATO status for systems determined by DHA and/or MTF leadership.
- Ensure compliance with MTF CS program implementation plan, and DHA management policies.
- Ensure compliance with data policies and relevant legal and regulatory requirements in accordance with DHA directives and applicable Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements.
- Ensure appropriate changes and improvement actions are implemented as required.
- Maintain current knowledge of authenticator management for unclassified systems.
- Ensure compliance with protection requirements, control procedures, incident management reporting, remote access requirements, and system management for all systems under scope.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- Favorably completed or open Tier 5 (Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI))
- Ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance preferred.
- Bachelor's degree
- 7-9 years’ directly related experience (1 year add’l edu = 1.5 years add’l exp, and conversely)
- 1+ year experience as an ISSO
- Experience with DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- IAT Level II (one of the following) within 180 days of start date:
- CCNA Security, CySA+ **, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH