|Seeking a US Military Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply as a Visual Communications Manager. Looking for a creative genius to bring to life (on paper and on screen) transformative projects that help governments deliver faster, more reliable transportation. Position requires Bachelor’s in a design-related major, 4 years conceptualizing and producing innovative visual communications collateral across print and digital media, and 2 years in proposal (RFI/RFQ/RFP) development support.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Design, direct, and produce compelling, sophisticated and complex print and digital communications collateral: PowerPoint presentations, brochures, reports, fact sheets, advertising, maps, web/social media graphics, event materials, logos and infographics/iconography.
- Play a key role in supporting and promoting brand identity to external and internal audiences with a focus on producing rich, complex visual storytelling of key business lines including project development, customer experience, technology/innovation and operations.
- Analyze project needs, provide recommendations and timelines, and develop and execute appropriate strategies to achieve business objectives with internal stakeholders and external audiences.
- Present and execute design concepts from original conception to finished product, ensuring the timely, accurate completion of assigned projects.
- Serve as lead with outside vendors and creative agencies to ensure contract compliance: budget oversight, invoicing, quality, and accuracy of produced creative assets.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- Bachelor’s or higher in a design-related major or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years’ conceptualizing and producing innovative visual communications collateral across print and digital media
- 2 years in proposal (RFI/RFQ/RFP) design and/or proposal development support
- Experience in an agency or within transportation, infrastructure, technology or finance fields preferred
- Graphic design skills, layout, typography, and color command, with a demonstrated passion for producing compelling and inspiring visual experiences
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel and knowledge of editing/customizing HTML, CSS, WordPress, email marketing templates and social media sites
- Understand pre-press and printing processes, and be familiar with video production and editing
- Ability to synthesize complex projects, data and financial information into easily understandable visuals, organizing information quickly and summarizing succinctly
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills to effectively explain design rationales and collaborate with internal/external stakeholders. Ability to translate design direction and feedback into future iterations,
- Proven track record of creating high quality output while working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and competing demands
- Detailed-minded with the ability to self-start, prioritize and problem solve