|Easterseals DC MD VA is seeking highly motivated and polished US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or military spouse to apply for a Senior Grants Writer position. As the senior member of the grant-writing team, research and identify new government, corporate, foundation and private funding prospects to produce well-developed successful grant proposals. The role requires a Bachelor’s, 5+ years grant fundraising experience, and a passion for the Easterseals mission.
- Prepare proposals and grant applications in the areas of Disability, Seniors, Youth and Children, Social Welfare Programs, Veteran and Military Families, Workforce Development, Mental Health, Human Services, Healthcare Services, Inclusion Training, Racial Equity, and other themes as identified by Easterseals.
- Generates revenues for Easterseals programs and services through timely submission of well-researched, well-written and well-documented grant/fundraising proposals.
- Collaborate with others in proposal creation. Actively edit other team members’ narrative documents.
- Ensure data-collection, drafting and writing are completed on time per all internal and external deadlines.
- Ensure knowledge of funding calendar activities and cultivation activities for potential funders via team communication. Manage own portfolio items on calendar via SmartSheet.
- Assist team members in creating narrative to assist with report writing.
- Identify funding opportunities and new program areas to match Easterseals priorities, using research and critical thinking.
- Engages with program staff to determine which programs are best suited to match the solicitation of a funder, and develop successful grants. Acts as a liaison to program staff when drafting grants.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships Leadership and Program staff
- Document departmental activities and provide internal reports.
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
- 5+ years’ grant fundraising experience
- Passion to create opportunities for people with disabilities to reach their full potential and support them families.
- Ability to be actively engaged in and supportive of the mission of Easterseals
- Proven track record in critical thinking, proposal writing and winning major grants
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral), computer skills (MS Office) and database management skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve objectives
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances and think on one’s feet
- Thoughtful, strategic, apply disciplined approach to fundraising with experience driving a metrics-based approach.
- Creative strategist and problem solver. Results-oriented