|Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Mechanical Laborer position. Perform mechanical work with the support of the Installation team to provide for the smooth installation of various material handling systems in an automated warehouse. Learn about the exciting technology that helps retailers build smarter distribution and fulfillment operations! The qualified candidate will receive on-site training and will be part of a team reporting directly to the Mechanical Installation Supervisor.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
Requirements: Veteran Military
- Install automated distribution technology in retail warehouses and distribution centers, including conveyor belt and sortation machines.
- Assist throughout the project from installation, commissioning, rate testing, to system testing.
- Adhere to safety standards and ensure a safe work area
- Perform housekeeping and general clean up duties
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse
- Mechanically inclined and operate power tools safely and accurately
- Experience using hand tools such as wrenches and levels.
- Ability to read drawings and schematics
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights up to 40 ft. and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand or walk on concrete or steel grating for an entire shift
- Ability to operate forklift, scissor lift equipment safely (prior certification is not required)
- Detail oriented, good communication skills and attitude
- Conveyor and/or Sortation or other automated warehouse experience is a plus, but not required
- Able to work 58 hour work week: Mon-Fri 7am-5:30pm; Sat 7am-3:30pm and have reliable transportation
- OSHA 10 certification and forklift and scissor lift certifications preferred
- Previous conveyor and/or sortation experience preferred
- Automotive or factory background preferred