|Easter Seals Serving DC | MD | VA & The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic for the National Capital Area is looking for an Data Analyst and Health Records Administrator that will oversee all health data-related collection, analysis and reporting. As such, we seek a systems-oriented and analytical leader who will excel at their roles and responsibilities.
Responsibilities of the EHR Administrator:
- Establish policies and procedures regarding the collection, protection and use of patient information and the electronic health records system (EHR)
- Launch, manage and maintain all aspects of the EHR
- Maintain oversight of accurate EHR data collection, analysis and reporting
- Perform record audits to monitor and improve the accuracy and completeness of data
- Perform system audits to ensure compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Establish policies and procedures regarding risk management and business continuity
- Collaborate with Easter Seals staff and Cohen Veterans Network around EHR data collection, trend analysis, research, reporting.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Exceptional Communicator: Demonstrated success establishing relationships with customers, members of the community, the Board, and team members at all levels of an organization.
- Team Builder: Demonstrated ability to leverage the strengths of diverse teams (both internal and external), coach, mentor, and hold team accountable to achieve results.
- Strategic Thinking: Proven capacity to listen actively and synthesize multiple pieces of disparate information into a coherent vision that aligns with the organization’s strategy and move it to successful operationalization.
- Multitasker: Ability to juggle multiple opportunities to drive results on several important projects simultaneously.
- Ability to Succeed in a Not-for-Profit Environment: Demonstrated experience working successfully within a highly collaborative and collegial organization. Comfort rolling up one’s sleeves up and engaging in day-to-day operations. Passion for and commitment to ESDCMDVA’s mission.
Requirements for the EHR Administrator:
- Veteran or military family member strongly preferred or experience in the veteran community a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- 5 years managing electronic health record systems in a healthcare setting, preferably Netsmart’s myEvolv
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and mental health concepts
- Demonstrated experience in data collection, analysis and reporting
- Ability to translate data into meaningful content that can be used for internal and external reporting and story-telling
- Experience training others on electronic health record (EHR) systems
- Ability to effectively navigate in fast pace, dynamic environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to digest and distill complex subjects into clear messages
- Demonstrated knowledge about the appropriate and effective use of protected health information, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technician preferred