|Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist, and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Program Director position. Implement, manage, supervise, follow-up, network, coordinate and evaluate of all Young Adult Reentry Programs (YARP) programs and operations. Job requires a Bachelors in English, Education, Learning & Development, Communications, or Marketing and 5-8 years management leading a diverse and geographically dispersed team.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Responsible for oversight for financial aspects of program; ensure program delivered on schedule, within budget.
- Manage, hire and train program staff. Attend meetings and training as requested by program or organization.
- Develop and maintain a network of relationships with leaders within applicant referral sources: medical institutions, therapy, behavioral health clinics, community colleges, legal support, correctional facilities, housing, state & local workforce entities and other organizations.
- Develop with Sr. Director of Communications & Marketing to update Program Literature and social media presence.
- Develop, maintain and innovate program specific policies and procedures for effective and efficient management of the program.
- Assure confidentiality of information is always appropriately maintained and secured.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse preferred
- A Bachelor’s in Social work, human resource management, psychology, pre-counseling or business management.
- 5 years of management experience leading a diverse and geographical dispersed team.
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- 8 years of program management expertise
- Travel required locally (MD, DC & Northern VA) for work-related meetings and functions.
- Communication: Ability to clearly instruct, present, lead others (individually or in teams) and relay updates and progress information to committees, directors and other management. Professional writing, listening, public speaking, training to ensure the program is executed according to standards.
- Discernment: Should understand details and technical aspects of specific projects. Must be inquisitive and analytical and able to distinguish between important details that affect the program and those that do not.
- Strategic: The program director ensures the work and projects performed align with the program or goals of the organization. In fact, strategy skills include the ability to formulate plans to stay within budgets and timelines and handle unexpected events.
- Problem-Solving: Must have the ability to respond to unforeseen events or problems and solve problems with limited direction.