|Seeking a US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist and/or Military Spouse to apply for a Junior Animal Technician position. Facilitate daily operations of animal facility, including technical tasks, housekeeping, and record keeping for nonhuman primates, ferrets and mice, and perform specialized technical procedures or assist in animal experiments. Position requires a BS, and 3+ years in this field with live animals.
Responsibilities: Veteran Military
- Assist with necropsy procedures, including tissue collection.
- Collect, verify, and correlate facility records and make timely reports to the supervisor.
- Collect blood, tissue and various fluid samples from the animals.
- Perform various IV, SC, intranasal and intramuscular injections.
- Perform anesthesia and euthanasia, as required.
- Read and understand SOP’s for animal facilities.
- Perform routine inoculations.
- Assist in the processing and shipment of serum/tissue samples.
- Attend seminars and training.
- Assist and perform limited & supervised duties of Project Managers.
Requirements: Veteran Military
- US Veteran, National Guardsman, Reservist or Military Spouse.
- BS, preferred in Biology, Animal Science or related field
- 3+ years in this field with live animals.
- Completion of college level Laboratory Animal Technician program, ALAT, LAT or LAT’G certification from AALAS preferred.
- Must be able to work either 7:30 am-4:00pm; 6:30am-3:00pm.
- Considerable knowledge of the care and handling of laboratory animals.
- Knowledge of biology and physical characteristics of animals used in research.
- Ability to recognize signs of illness and abnormalities.
- Knowledge of methods and materials used in laboratory work.
- Able to work and communicate professionally with investigators, supervisors and caretakers.
- Able to make accurate observations, keep current, accurate, and complete records.
- Able to read, understand, and interpret written and oral instruction and perform math calculations for experimental procedures.